Schools of Early Learning is a leader in early childhood education and care in Perth. We are passionately committed to providing an environment that enriches each child, allowing them to reach their full potential. We believe providing the best for our children starts with having the best staff. Quality people are our greatest asset.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity, guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week for those seeking a lunch cover shift as an assistant educator. Shift times are 11am-3pm.
Part-Time Lunch Cover Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with children and engage in an Atelier space central to each centre.
- Build meaningful, trusting, and respectful relationships with children and their care givers.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of appropriate programs for individual children or group.
- Embrace personal growth and quality improvement through learning and reflective procedures.
- Work in accordance with food safety regulations and the National Quality Standards.
The successful applicant will have:
- Hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Be studying towards a Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Looking to study a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Position available at the following centres:
Our team is like a family – for your hard work we have the following on offer for you!
- Employee Benefits Discounts for major retail stores.
- Up to 95% Discount on Child Care Fees.
- Access to free parking and conveniently located close to public transport.
- Monthly and annual staff recognition.
- Social yearly events.
- Compensation for overtime worked.
- Annual closure over Christmas & New Year allowing staff to refresh for the new year.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
- Supported Induction and Orientation Training.
- Professional Development Workshops.
- Career Progression Opportunities.
- Supportive and friendly teams with head office support.
- A dedicated Pedagogy and Training team.
- Opportunities to further your career through traineeships for Cert III & Diploma, which allows you to work while you study.
- Uniform provided.
Skills & Qualifications
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or hold an ACECQA approved equivalent qualification OR studying towards an approved qualification or be willing to enrol.
- Current Working with Children Card or be willing to obtain one.
- Valid Australian Working Rights.
- Ability to build meaningful, trusting, and respectful relationships with children and their care givers.
- Willingness to learn and collaborate with others.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated understanding of ‘child safe’ environment.
We also offer Traineeships for the Certificate III and Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care so you can work while you study!
These roles work alongside Teacher, Lead Educators and Assistant Educator and include:
- Building meaningful, trusting, and respectful relationships with children and their care givers.
- Learning and collaborating with others.
- Supported Induction and Probation Training with two Centre Managers on site at all times to provide support.
Fulfilling Child Care Careers
Find out what it’s like to work at SOEL firsthand from passionate, skilled and experienced educators.